What is Stoneybrooke?
Is it the attractive new classrooms and offices? Is it a gymnasium, a parking area, a playground, an athletic field? Were this the essence of Stoneybrooke Christian Schools, words and pictures could capture it well. But Stoneybrooke is not merely a physical entity, measurable in terms of buildings and blackboards, computers and crayons, libraries and lesson plans.
Stoneybrooke Christian Schools is a concept... a shining idea born in the hearts of people who saw both a tremendous need and a marvelous opportunity.
Stoneybrooke is a commitment... a passion for excellence, for achieving one's best while cultivating a character that is pleasing to God. Stoneybrooke is a community... a family of people who love God, who are committed to Him, and who have given themselves to the ministry of educating children.
"In partnership with parents, Stoneybrooke Christian Schools exists to provide a distinctive, biblically-based education in a nurturing environment through which students are instilled with godly character, inspired to excel, and prepared for a life of enduring commitment to Christ."
The Board, Administration, Faculty and Staff, are committed to provide an educational program that seeks to develop excellence in a student - spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, culturally and physically. In addition to a traditional core curriculum, the student will be exposed to a wide range of educational experiences including computer science, art, music and physical education.
A Christian school, Stoneybrooke is dedicated to establishing a godly environment where the Bible, as the Word of God, is actively integrated into all aspects of school life (Matthew 6:33). Each student will be challenged to live his or her life according to God's principles and purposes (Jeremiah 9:23-24). As independent non-denominational schools, we seek to serve individual families throughout our community who share our biblical orientation and appreciate our particular philosophy of education and discipline (Deuteronomy 6:2-7).
The program is designed to balance the necessity of high academic excellence with a creative and exciting awareness of life as it will be in the 21st century. Stoneybrooke is training children now for the things that will be integral parts of their lives tomorrow.
We want our students to encounter the educational process in an environment that assures security, positive self-worth and mutual respect. Our classrooms are controlled with loving discipline that is applied by qualified and dedicated Christian teachers.
It is our vision that graduates of Stoneybrooke Christian Schools have a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ, are intellectually prepared for higher learning and demonstrate godly character and thinking in their daily lives.
We believe and are committed to:
- A Biblical Worldview: That sees all of life through the context of scriptural truth. (Matthew 4:4, 2 Timothy 3:16)
- A Biblical Philosophy of Education: That is biblically-based and Christ-centered.
- A Partnership with Parents: That places the school alongside parents and assists in the training of their children. (Ephesians 6:4)
- Academic Excellence in Balance with Spiritual Growth: That places quality education in the wider context of spiritual maturity. (1 Corinthians 1:20, Romans 12:2)
- The Evangelism and Discipleship: That ministers to our students and the families they represent so that the Gospel is not just a message received, but a way of life embraced and a belief that can be defended. (1 Corinthians 1:21, 1 John 5:13)
- Worldwide Missions: That gives our student body an opportunity to participate with the spirit of God as He moves among the people of the world. (Romans 10:14-17, Matthew 28:18-20)
- A Tangible Sense of Community: That connects our Stoneybrooke families in meaningful relationships furthering the spiritual growth of the entire family. (1 Timothy 3:15, Ephesians 6:7-8)
- The Development of the Whole Child: That encourages each student to be and do his/her very best, spiritually, physically, mentally and socially (1 Timothy 4:7)
- The Physical Safety and Well-Being of Each Student: That ensures a safe environment with careful attention given to the facilities, transportation vehicles, student rapport and campus safety. (Psalm 4:8)
- The Professional Growth of our Staff: That provides plentiful resources and opportunities that encourage the entire staff to grow and develop as professionals. (1 Corinthians 10:31)