Families are responsible for the following for all incoming students:
- Complete a personal interview with an administrator
- Fill out and sign the Student Application
- Read and sign the Parental Agreement
- Submit the non-refundable registration fee
- Submit a copy of student's certified birth certificate
- Submit a copy of student's immunization record
- Submit a current photograph of parents (to be used for identification purposes only)
- If transferring from another school, submit a copy of your student's most recent report card or transcript
- 2013-2014 Tuition and Fee Schedule [ 2012-2013 Tuition and Fee Schedule ]
Transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten and 1st grades Only
- Complete the California Report of Health Examination for School Entry form completed and signed by both a parent and your health examiner/doctor
- Complete a Health History Report
- Submit Chancy & Bruce Early Childhood Development Readiness Screening Results
Kindergarten through 8th Grades
- Student assessment testing may be necessary
- Complete a personal interview with the junior high principal
Stoneybrooke Christian Schools are fully accredited through WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) and ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International). Stoneybrooke has received a 6 year term of accreditation, the highest ranking possible, signifying there is substantial evidence that a level of acceptability and progress will continue for a six-year period when a full re-evaluation and visit will occur. The accreditation process holds our school accountable for a complete documentation of an intensive appraisal of each component of our ministry.
Before and After School Care
- Morning childcare is available to all students, JK - 8th grades, from 7:30 am to 8:00 am.
- Stoneybrooke also childcare for K - 8th grades, from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm.
- See Fee Schedule for rates.
- Stoneybrooke promotes a positive environment where students feel safe and accepted. Our classrooms are orderly and structured. Discipline issues are addressed on an appropriate level and with a firm and loving manner. Disruptive behavior is handled by the teacher or teacher’s assistant first and then by administration if necessary. Parents are always kept informed of serious negative behavior.
- The expense for field trips is included in the annual tuition with the exception of a few junior high outings. Kindergarteners typically experience 7 field trips per school year. Upper grades go on an average of 3 to 4 field trips per school year.
California state immunization requirements must be met by all enrolling students. A current copy of your child's immunization record must be submitted prior to your child attending class. The state of California requires that all students have the following immunizations for school entry:
- DTP (5 doses)
- Polio (4 doses)
- MMR (2 doses)
- Hepatitis B (3 doses)
- Varicella (1 dose) *or doctor documented case of chicken pox
- For older students, a Td (tetanus & diphtheria) booster is recommended every 5 years
- Parental involvement is encouraged through a variety of opportunities throughout the year such as the Fall Carnival, Christmas Store, Room Moms, Stoneybrooke Parent Organization (SPO), and other venues.
- Students and parents are not required to be evangelical Christians in order to gain admission. However, students will participate in chapel times and be required to memorize Bible verses plus participate in the daily half hour of class time set aside for Bible study.
Snack and Lunch
Students need to bring a snack and lunch to school daily. As a lunch option, students may order from our vendor, Choicelunch. Orders are placed directly with our hot lunch vendor on a monthly, pre-order basis.
- Each year 2nd through 7th grades go on an extensive Spring Trip for three days and two nights. 8th grade goes on an exciting seven day Spring Trip. Spring Trips are not included in the tuition fees and are an additional expense. All students are expected to attend these exciting and educational trips
- They are as follows:
Strategic Goals 2012-2014
- Please take a look at the Strategic Goals 2012-2014. This important document highlights the strategic goals of Stoneybrooke in terms of spiritual, staff and academic development.
- Please download the 2012-2013 Student/Parent Handbook to learn about school policies and procedures. This handbook is updated yearly.
- Students are provided with writing paper and pencils as part of the tuition fee but parents are asked to provide their students with other amenities such as ruler, crayons, scissors, etc. A class supply list will be provided at the beginning of each school year.
- Rates are available by downloading the current Fee Schedule.
All students wear uniforms each day. Free dress days occur about once per month and there are a variety of themed spirit days throughout the year. Check the student handbook for free dress guidelines. Uniforms are purchased from True Grits in San Clemente. "Chapel dress" is required one day per week - boys need to wear a tie and girls need to wear a skirt or jumper.