Why attend an ACSI school?
Stoneybrooke Christian Schools are fully accredited through WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) and ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International). Stoneybrooke has received a 6 year term of accreditation, the highest ranking possible, signifying there is substantial evidence that a level of acceptability and progress will continue for a six-year period when a full re-evaluation and visit will occur. The accreditation process holds our school accountable for a complete documentation of an intensive appraisal of each component of our ministry.
1. ACSI schools have the greatest emphasis on student development of moral character and personal virtue.**
2. Christian school graduates are significantly more likely to pray and read Scripture both alone and with family.*
3. ACSI schools have the highest belief in biblical accuracy in scientific and historical matters.**
4. Christian school graduates are more likely to attend religious services and respect the authority of church leadership.*
5. ACSI schools most often include these among their top priorities: for students to have a close, personal relationship with God and for students to develop a Christian worldview.**
1. Since 1974 ACSI schools have scored significantly higher than the national norm in every grade level on a national achievement test.
2. ACSI school students read at least one grade level above the national averages as measured on a national achievement test.
3. ACSI schools average more required course credits in math, science, English, biblical studies, civics, social studies, art and music, and physical education than all other programs surveyed.**
4. ACSI school graduates attend college at a significantly higher rate than the national average.
5. Christian school graduates are more likely to attend a religious university and obtain more years of higher education than their public school peers.*
1. Christian school graduates donate significantly more money to their churches, religious causes, and other charitable causes overall.*
2. A greater percentage of ACSI schools offer missions and social service trips both in the United States and Canada.**
3. Christian school graduates give more of their time to volunteer in their congregations, on missions trips, and on relief/aid trips.*
4. ACSI schools have greater student involvement in community service, politics, and fine arts than nonmember Protestant Christian schools.
5. Christian school graduates have a stronger sense of direction in their lives and are more confident in their ability to deal with life challenges than their peers.*
Find out more about these facts and the related studies by going to www.acsi.org/about-acsi/why-acsi-schools. These comments do not promise the quality of an individual school; they are representative comments of ACSI schools as a whole.
* Protestant Christian schools compared with Catholic, public, and private nonreligious schools as well as homeschools
** ACSI schools compared with other Protestant Christian schools and Catholic schools
Sources: Cardus Education Survey, 2011, and ACSI 2010/2011 Member Survey.