A 2012 National Blue Ribbon School
Out of over 70,000 elementary schools nationwide, Stoneybrooke was awarded the National Blue Ribbon of Excellence in Education in October 2012. Only three Christian schools nationwide were acknowledged for their superior academic program and Stoneybrooke was one of them.
Here is an article about the award that appeared in the Orange County Register.
Purpose of the Award
- The US Department of Education administers the Blue Ribbon schools program
- To give national attention and recognition to schools whose students have achieved high levels of performance
- Public and private elementary, middle and high schools are eligible to apply for the award based on two criteria:
- Standardized test scores in reading and math place them among the top-performing schools in the nation or…
- Serving disadvantaged students and making extraordinary progress in improving performance
Recipients in 2012
- There were 269 schools nation-wide who received the award out of over 130,000+ public and private schools nation-wide
- Of those 269, 50 were private schools
- Of those 50 private schools only 2 were in California and only 3 were evangelical Christian schools nation-wide.
Process for Qualifying
- Schools must submit an application to be considered for the award; that application includes five years of assessment results on nationally normed reference tests
- Dedication and professionalism of the instructional staff
- Strong administrative guidance, support and inspiration
- Robust curricular offerings with high expectations
- Strong support from the parent community
- In receiving this award it inspires confidence in the Stoneybrooke community that children are receiving a high quality education every day and that students are being prepared for the rigors and challenges of higher education.